Friday, February 22, 2008

work-beware LONG ENTRY

so tired that i don't feel like blogging abt work anymore. why am i always bitching abt work? i am so sick and tired of my own bitching. yet i want to give thanks to my patients and their families! this is the 1st time since the start of the year that i am giving thanks for this!

taking over from the AM shift i have 2 empty beds, 1 pending for transfer in the PM, 1 d/c in the PM, 1 threaten AOR and 1 in the OT most probly to HD. that will mean that i will have technically 6 empty beds to turn over in 1 shift! making things more stressful the jr in the AM was infamous lady M.

while passing report, i told my jr to remember to fold those charts that are not completed and to ensure that AM jr does her everything before leaving. but in respond my jr was asking weird questions that how can i from PM or the AM ic answer for the AM jr? eg-"why the chart not update? why all the wound chart not update?" when told to just fold it up and ask the AM jr, her reply was "aiyo, i am folding everything. why like that?" none of the AM/PM ic was in the mood to gossip or to engage in small talk like such. we totally ignored her.

after report, new cases started to bugged me. 1 hugh thing that makes me boiled was this: my jr was sitting next to the phone. the phone rang and rang but she didn't picked it up. i was preparing my iv meds then. so i stared at her. do you know what she did?!?!?! SHE PICKED UP THE PHONE AND HANDED IT OVER TO ME WITHOUT ANSWERING IT! *vomit blood ++++* i answered the called, after that i can't contain it anymore and said in a hash tone (like scolding my younger siblings) "you very funny leh. why you can't answer the phone meh? must hand it over to me? somemore sitting there somemore" then... *drumroll* that start the black-face competition! see who can be most blackface of the shift sort.

10 minutes later. bed 9 had her tap done. i was giving bed 12 iv meds. then dr came to me for help on something. I AM GIVING IV MEDS LOR! so i called my jr to help. she SITTING at the counter asked "what?" i replied can u come over and help the dr at bed 9. SHE IS A STAFF NURSE BUT ACTED LIKE A STUDENT, when the dr told her the problem. CRITICAL THINKING!!! and she can't produce it! she stared at the dr and can't solve it. AIYO.... STAFF NURSE LEH...NO BRAIN TO THINK MEH? me half way giving IV med to a relatively difficult pt + family, handling sharps and doing some service recovery shit at the same time have to answer some dumb question just cuz my SN has NO thinking skill!!! i really want to die on the spot!

my world came crashing at 3.45pm onwards. problem started with CX's dumb co-ordination. she gave me a pt from day-surgery then cancel it without telling anyone or conforming with the other side. the OT called and called for the bed. finally i get someone to fetch the pt only to have another patient being wheeled up from A&E 20 minutes after. to make things worst, CX refuse to solve the problem! i kicked a fuss, she screamed at me saying she is going to call and solve the problem. ok fine.. i stood there doing another thing, 5 minutes later the A&E staff came and ask CX what's the outcome. CX HAD TOTALLY FORGOT ABT THE WHOLE THING!! AND REDIRECT THE A&E STAFF TO TALK TO ME!! i was standing there, remembered? so i said "HELLO. its the same problem that you told me that you are going to settle remember?" after some arguement, i let fly and shouted "watever lar" with sis Su sitting at the computer.

I REALLY HAVE ENOUGH WITH ALL THESE NON-NURSING SHIT THAT WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH!!!

that 'extra' pt was placed in bed 1. new pt vs pt back from OT. which is more critical? i don't know leh... my jr left the post-op lady on the bedpan and went on to waste some time. then she went to take new pt bed 1 parameter. i was calling the OTO team to review patient only to realise that i have no parameter to report. DAMN! after the phone-call. i looked at my jr and asked her. which is more important leh? post op hourly para or new pt (in for vomitting) para? somemore!!! she do para with machine one loh! like that still can take 15 minutes for 1 para!! *faint* then bed 4 shit all over herself at that time. bed 2 low Hb came in. everything started rushing!! my hands are tied and my jr is SLOW!

to wrap things up, i was crazy-running here and there. my AOR bed 8 and my PM d/c bed 13 and transfer case bed 12- all pity me! hahaha... at 1 point i nearly complaint to bed 12 abt my jr! but i think its really not good to do so, so i shut up and said don't want to say already wait pple say i talk bad abt others. my bed 12 so funny, still comfort me saying that must let out the steam if not will get sick one. haha.. so cute and funny! finally i settle the AOR and d/c case. they were really understanding!!! then said byebye to bed 12, after giving all her iv, injection, her pm meds. collect blood for bed 2. then... the whole cycle of admission start again! its was already 8.30pm!!! and i had not really look at the new admission orders!!!

FOR THE 1ST TIME IN HISTORY I WANT TO CRY ON THE JOB!! i had ever cried before cuz i dislike a few things and few unjustfied with regard to a few issues. BUT ON THE JOB?? NEVER!! i was never stress to that point of not being able to handle it anymore. the sound of the trolley's wheels makes me want to cry, stab myself with a knife and die!

if my jr is more proactive and a little 'smarter'. i don't mind doing things for her and other shit. but no lor... for the 1st time i finally understand why there were cases where some staff specifically request NEVER TO BE PUT IN THE SAME SHIFT AND SAME ROOM WITH SOME OTHER STAFF. i finally experienced it! i told YP that i NEVER EVER WANT TO WORK WITH WANG WANG AGAIN! yes!!! nEVER! if i ever see that we are together, i will immediately fake MC- and i am great at doing that! not a threat but a damn loud angry statement with really intensed feeling!

i have officially and openly display my displeasure with her (wang wang) and she knows that i was telling the ND girls abt her. she can be unhappy and dislike me from now. cuz my policy is... u don't like me, is ok. cuz i don't like u too.

honestly if wang wang is sick and weak, shouldn't she goes on mc? rather than come to work and does only 1/2 the amount of work than she can produce. then what? i have to be 1 and 1/2 becuz of that? its 3 am now, should i call in sick too? get an mc and report in as anaemia too. afterall its really not so hard for me.

No comments: