Tuesday, February 26, 2008

stillness

everyone who had known me long enough knows i love the night. be it the stillness of the night or the colourful, loud night of the downtown. i ardor them both. its been long time since i engage in the enjoyment of the later. sometime i do miss it. the smell of tobacco and beer. the dazzling nightlight and rowdy human cheers. i am an observer, i enjoy watching more than the real deal of being in the action.

here i am in the room at 2am. i sense the stillness of the night. the peace and calmness comforts me. even my body relaxes. i sense my lungs expand with every breath i take, if i keep really still i can almost feel my heart pumping. with the steady hum of the fan next to me and the smoothing voice of norah jones singing through my earphone. i feel like i can just vanish into the thin air and start floating around weightless and free. the stillness of the night brings with it great peace within, once experienced it you will agree with me, it is better than all other extreme burst of emotions.

i wonder is this how heaven will be like?

No comments: