Monday, January 7, 2008

recovering me...

so, here i am sitting in front of the computer, listening to Corrine May (yes...again) and feeling well-rested (i slept for 3 hrs-post work). a well rest body with an at peace mind makes me relax. =)

hours before this, i was tired and grumpy. i felt like i had done so much today only to reflect and realised that i didn't actually do much. most of my patients were sponged by A'z and she did those massive wound dressings too. what had i done to feel so rushed and drained? dealing with demands of the patients? oh well, these are the occasions that i long for stillness and silent of a lab. LOL. yes...yes... i actually do miss my lab work for its stillness and the capability to plan ahead. now... everyday is indeed a challenge- never knowing what to expect. perhaps the only thing we can expect is the consistency in the patients requesting this and that and the unknown. so so.. NURSING IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTEN!

resolution?
a few entry ago, i said that in the yr2008 i don't care if i am nice or sweet-as long as i do what is needed that will be all.
"i need to focus on things that matter. my new year resolution-> no point being nice or going the extra mile just do the needed and focus on the most important." yet, just few days post that resolution, i am starting to dislike this new me. perhaps it take some getting use to? whenever i let my temper flare, i will get this out of body experience (almost). a little liken the story of the Xmas ghost,, seeing myself as a 3rd person! *shiver* although sometime i will think that i did was good cuz i didn't suffer in silence, other (actually most) of the time i am disgusted by that unprofessional act. still... *sigh* i think i really have some unresolved issues to deal with. til then, bear with me.

taxi addiction
as mentioned, i was tired and grumpy earlier. i really wanted to hop on a taxi and shout out my destination. that will save me the walking and the pro-long suffering! who would vote walking on a pair of aching kneecaps over a air-con, cushy ride back home? NOT ME!

but the thought of increased taxi-fare and how silly it is for me to pay DOUBLE for a $3+ ride home. why double? cuz the peak hours sub-charge and other stuff. just that amount alone is enough to send me to my flat. these days, i am going cold turkey on my taxi addiction. in place of it, i am travelling by MRT and bus. on reflection it is at least 10x cheaper! *darn*

No comments: