Saturday, January 12, 2008

Commitment - my own theory

ever wonder why most of us are always so hesitate in buying packages for facial/spa, insurances, signing up membership for this and that and sometime even in getting married.

i reasoned it to be the problem with commitment. living as modern human being, we are consistently being exposed to new stuff and options all around us. lets take facial packages for example. assuming i have a really problematic skin with acne, black heads, and wrinkles at the age of 25! my friend brought me to a beautician and i had my 1st trial facial done. after that the beautician came and gave me a sales talk. telling me the fact of my skin condition- which i might already know. then she dished out a package aimed to help me maintain/ improve my skin condition. with no problem on the monetary part, i flatly rejected the offered and left. months later, i then attend the another trial session with yet another company and the cycle repeated with me refusing to sign on a package. these cycles went on and on, during the time of "choosing" my skin remains terrible or even worst- got more severe yet i continued my "quest" for the best treatment ever.

we are always soughting for the best, although its not always a bad thing to strive for the best. but because of the mentality that there is always a better one, a cheaper one or a prettier one out there, somewhere, we continuously search for that something better. but when will the search ends? why do we consistently search for the best while neglecting that sometime it takes more than the BEST to make things sparkles but rather commitment, perseverance and time, for things to become the best that we wish it to be.

being too spoilt by the numerous choices before us, we refused to commit to just 1. while many blame/ think of us as being indecisive or fickle-minded, i think the world is to be blamed too! yes! blame the world for the numerous choices placed before us, fooling us to believe that the BEST HAD YET TO COME! so what is the 1 commitment that u r going to make today?

yes, this is my yr2008-1st my own theory =)

No comments: