Thursday, August 28, 2008

goodbye is the hardest thing to say

There are only a few patients that had stepped into my life and my heart. I wonder if I too had stepped into theirs but 1 thing for sure, they had into mine. I may not show my affection overtly but in my subtle ways always looking out for them, giving them a little extra care and concern.

1 of our "long time" patient is passing on. Her family and friends had all came to see her and be by her side, regardless of weather or day someone will always be with her. She is very much loved. Recently her condition purged, her hubby was really affected. I was talking to him recently and he teared. He said how short it was for him to spend the past 40 years with her and how he feels about her suffering. She was not letting go because she worries for her hubby and her hubby has to put up a brave front when facing her so that she will not worry. Their love and care for each other goes beyond the fresh love young people have for their new found love, it goes beyond the "being together is a committment" between middle aged estranged couples. I wanted to cry with him but I didn't. I just stood there listening.

I pray for her to pass on smoothly and smile as she bid her family her last goodbye. I predict a tearful farewell but crying is good for the soul/s. A time to release and to recover. I wish I can do more but I can't. Goodbye my friend, you who had seen me through the years, from the time I 1st pass out as a newbie til now a worn-out dusty grumpy missy. *sigh* Y.. you will be the selected few names that I will always remember in my heart. Goodbye my friend, I pray that you will find peace.

No comments: